Thermal Imaging is added value that Albany is offering to our client base.
It makes use of technological advances to combat the 21st Century Pest Problems.
Using Infra Red cameras, it allows the Albany technicians a third sight, on issues normally not identified.
Thermal, or Infra Red energy, is light that is not visible because its wavelength is too long to be detected by the human eye; it’s the part of the electromagnetic spectrum that we perceive as heat. Unlike visible light, in the infrared world, everything with a temperature above absolute zero emits heat.
Thermal imagery can be used to great effect in support of a wide variety of pest management applications, including:
- 1. High level proofing surveys, for pest bird nesting and roost site identification in warehouses.
- 2. Dampness detection, and possible moisture associated pests, like booklice and silverfish.
- 3. Agricultural surveys, rat and rabbit inspections on crops.
- 4. Harbourage detection in cavity walls.
- 5. Nocturnal rodent surveys.
- 6. Stored product pest identification in commodities.
- 7. Proofing issues identified through heat escape.